Tim,

Are you using the css file that comes with the ui.datepicker?  If so,
make sure the section near the top looks like this:

#datepicker_div {
    display: none;
    border: 1px solid #777;
    z-index: 9999; /*must have*/
}

Note the z-index set to 9999.  Compare this to the z-index of  your
dialog.  The datepicker's z-index should be a larger number than the
dialog's z-index.

HTH,
Carl