Hi Mike,

Actually, there is an issue with noConflict and older versions of Scriptaculous but not jQuery v1.2.6 and the most recent Scriptaculous.

You can check out the whole threads here:

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/69cb41d2e3710c70/f707b1df7821d026?hl=en&#f707b1df7821d026
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/dde6b91c3ad00ecc/25465bb7850810fa?hl=en%E6%8D%B9bb7850810fa

The issue wasn't so much a problem with jQuery as it was with Scriptaculous overwriting the call() method with custom functionality solely in effects.js. The script the implement is seen here:

Array.prototype.call = function() {
var args = arguments;
this.each(function(f){ f.apply(this, args) });
}

That is most likely the conflict you're experiencing. They've since fixed that in the latest version of scriptaculous.

If after reading that and upgrading accordingly, if you still have a problem, could you post up a test case so we can check it out?

Rey...

mike wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I just realized that ONE file from the Scritaculous source files
(effects.js) was being loaded. I'm still using some of those effects
on my old Prototype pages. The problem I'm having is most likely
associated with this file.

Are there any known conflicts between jQuery 1.2.6 and Scriptaculous
(when using jQuery.noConflict())?

Version of the effects.js file: 1.8.1 (latest)