Thanks! I think it's a pretty unique approach and haven't really seen
anything like it.

We use this control for some really large hierarchical trees of data and it
works very well. Generally the tree depth only goes 3 or 4 levels deep, but
many of the branches have over 20 items.

The multicolumn approach keeps the items in a compact space in the viewport
and the keyboard entry allows for quick keyboard selection.

-Dan