Sorry for not clarifying.  action=delete is just something that I want
sent through in the query string, it has nothing to do with
javascript.

Let me explain why I am needing this function:  I have a large listing
of assets that are in my system.  I have created a generic "delete"
button bellow all of these assets, which I would like to use to delete
these.  The way my system is set up, is you pass a specific URL, with
something like action=delete and it will delete the asset at that
URL.  But since I only want to use that generic "delete" button, I
need to figure out a way to click an asset, and transfer the URL,
confirmation, etc. to my generic delete button.  That way, I can use
this for all the assets, just selection one, then click the delete
button.  Rather than having a seperate delete button for each asset.

Here is what I was working on as a newer idea of this concept, but
again, it is not seeming to work.
$("#test").click(function() {
  var answer = confirm("Are you sure you want to delete this asset?");
  if (confirm == true) {
  $("#test2").click(function() {
    $.ajax( {type : "POST", url : "http://www.puc.edu?
action=delete" });
    }); }
  });

<a id="test" href="#">Remove</a>
<a id="test2" href="#">Add</a>

So, when you click remove, and you confirm, it will add a new click
event to test2 and allow you to click that link to pass the URL to the
system.  Still working on how to pass the URL of the first clicked
asset though...