Thank you, that fixed it.

Is the limitation of is() a javascript limitation, or a jQuery
limitation?  Would this be coming in a new version of jQuery?

Also, with event delegation, would you recommending using it for all
event instances on a page?  I have a few places where a single click
event is added to an ID, and I figure it is really not necessary to
mess with event delegation there.