It's only been 4 hours since your original thread. Seems awfully quick to
already be complaining about a lack of response.

I looked at your thread and had no idea why XML parsing wouldn't work. I
guess I had never come across that before. I didn't respond because I didn't
know, and I didn't look at your page because you summed up the problem in
your email.

It's a high traffic list, so I can't imagine everyone looks at every thread.
In the future I suggest you try to use a more meaningful subject, such as
"Trouble with .each() on XML". Someone who knew about it just skimming might
have recognized that and been able to help you (like Jake ultimately did).

In terms of other places to get help, the docs are a pretty good, and might
have help you in this case as they make no representation that XML parsing
from strings works with the jQuery constructor. Also, the IRC channel can be
very helpful, as can Google.

Good luck.

--Erik