Well, I had this same thing working before.  But it does not solve the
problem of using the parent frames instance of jQuery, which I don't
know how to do.  Using your example inserts the DOM elements, but they
don't get the events, because they don't don't use the parents jQuery,
which is the entire problem.  How can I use the parents instance of
jQuery as you say?