Hello,

I am developing my blog from scratch, using XHTML and jQuery 1.2. On a
page, I have multiple posts, each having a "show comments" link, that
is handled by jQuery. I want it to fetch the comments on the PHP
backend using Ajax, and insert them in the DOM. This way, comments
would be dynamically loaded.

Currently, I have this:

$.get('/blog/get-comments.php', {'id': newsID},
JW.HomePage.commentsLoaded);

JW.HomePage.commentsLoaded = function(data, textStatus) {

}

My problem is: how do I know in the JW.HomePage.commentsLoaded
callback which comments have loaded? There might be multiple comments
being fetched at the same time, so the use of a global variable is not
a good idea, IMHO.

For now, the PHP script is returning a div containing everything, and
that div has an ID that contains the post ID, but I don't like this
solution because if for some reason I get garbled HTML from the
backend, I want to fall back on my feet.

Also, I don't like the idea of parsing this.url for the ID of the post
I retrieved, because it's not very safe either.

Question is : Is there a way to join data to the jQuery Ajax object
and get the data back in the different callbacks? This way I could
keep the ID of the DIV i'm loading data into with each request.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

Jordan