I installed ie 8 and it seems to work now, however for one of the images, the
positioning is off.  It seems as if the top/left corner is being positioned
instead of the actual image.

Screenshot here: http://john1.netfirms.com/VAM/screenshot-1.png

Also I installed developer toolbar but it shows me no errors when running in
IE7 mode.  I also have firebug for firefox and no warnings or errors show.

I think it may be happening here:
var $slide = $(next)

in this function ->

function onBefore(curr,next,opts) {
    var $slide = $(next);
    var w = $slide.outerWidth();
    var h = $slide.outerHeight();
    $slide.css({
        marginTop: (415 - h) / 2,
        marginLeft: (380 - w) / 2,
    });
};
since technically there is no next element, it goes back to the front?
Still strange why it doesnt work on IE 7 from home or work.  I checked it on
another system here at home too with vista and ie 7.0 and it did not load.
I'll see if I can get an error message from work tomorrow morning.