I read quite a bit about this problem, and there doesn't seem to be a
good fix. But it have the impression that the only reason why Ie7
shows the black background is because of the change in the opacity
during the animation.

This is the code that I have right now. I try'd to change the
opacity:"show" into opacity"0.9", so that the opacity wouldn't be
changed during the animation. But that didn't really work, actually
the whole animation stopped working.

What would I need to change in the code to make the opacity remain the
same? Just writing 0.9 instead of "show" doesnt seem to work?

        $(".active-date a").hover(function() {
                $(this).next("div").animate({opacity: "show", top: "-75"},
"slow");
        }, function() {
                $(this).next("div").animate({opacity: "hide", top: "-85"},
"fast");
        });

Thanks :)