Michael,

Great job. I built a prototype of my own table for the same reasons a
few months ago. The grid looks good, but for my purposes (and I am
sure for many others), while having an array of rows is great and
useful, the plugin should be able to create such tables from a regular
xslt a table with a bunch of data, and it would be great to run this
code as a plugin to convert the table (with rules for each column?)
into a spreadsheet like in your last example. Should be fairly
straight forward to do that..

I am also looking for sorting (shouldn't be too bad), locking columns,
locking header (done) and locking footer. I implemented these in my
prototype already, as well as the rendering from table element.
Anyway, I would love to help out in some capacity, if you're looking
to develop this further.

Anatoly