i have major trouble to get the form validation plugin from Jörg to
run

it seems like it cannot deal with forms coming from a framework like
CAKEPHP
the fields are build the following by cake:

<textarea name="data[Poll][descr]" cols="30" rows="13" class="bbcode"
width="100%" id="PollDescr" ></textarea>

well, now this plugin seems to ignore the id tags and use the name tag
instead
but it has trouble with the [ ] brackets

if i set up the form fields manually, it works fine

is there some way of getting this fixed?
thx