I'll bet there are 30 different answers for this based on how  the data is being delivered, processed. and how you are using "jQuery Library"- plugins, methods, functions, event binding etc.

I just set up jQGrid with several thousand rows in database and am amazed at how fast it works! There's far more likelihood you are doing something wrong than jQuery being the cause of the problem

sandip_p_amd wrote:
Hello:

We are using jQuery _javascript_ Library v1.3.1 for paging and sorting
purposes. This library is working fine when we are loading smaller
data sets (<1000 records) on the page. However, when data set starts
getting large (>3000 records), the initial page gives a script loading
error and the page does not load at all.

How can we solve this problem and still be able to use jQuery? Any
help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers!