Excellent!  Glad to see you figured that one out.  Rest assured that
*every* web developer has pulled out hair related to that particular
issue.  Fortunately, in many editors today, you can run a tool called
'jslint' that does a simple syntax check for you.  In my editor
(TextMate), I actually have it set up to do that check every time I
save.

_jason