you can search the json array with $.each

var nameWanted = "a";
var data=""> {"id":"2","prijs":"5","naam":"b"},
{"id":"3","prijs":"22","naam":"c"}]}}

$.each(data.channel.items,function(i,item) {
    if (data.channel.items[i].naam == nameWanted) {
    index=i;
        prijsWanted= data.channel.items[i].prijs;
        alert(prijsWanted);

Kristof wrote:
i like the idea of building in a treager. each time the user ads a new
product or changes a product i could rewrite the new file. Good idea
thanks! thanks for the URL"s too !