In that case you would replace "^=" with "*=" :

$("a[class*=edit_]").click(...);

--Karl

____________
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On Jun 3, 2009, at 3:20 PM, James wrote:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this would not work if your class is
like:

because it checks for class="edit_[something]"

There's another solution to that, but I can't recall what it is on the
top of my head right now.

On Jun 3, 8:32 am, "Dave Maharaj :: WidePixels.com"