On Nov 1, 2009, at 1:49 PM, jmatthews wrote:

On the topic of mouseenter and mouseleave, which some of you
recommended, quirksmode says only IE supports this method, and the
others do not at this time.  The quirksmode sponsor is very critical
of their failure to incorporate these methods because it would make
the coding far less complex.

So, I guess that is why your suggestions were not working for me....

http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/events/index.html

jQuery normalizes the .mouseenter() and .mouseleave() methods across all browsers so they act the same way as IE's native mouseenter and mouseleave.

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com