I'm trying to specify a couple of custom methods for highlighting/
unhighlighting valid/invalid fields on my form, but I'm getting some
strange behaviour, which I'm not sure is due to me misunderstanding
how these methods are supposed to be implemented, or if it's just
buggy.

$().ready(function() {
        // validate signup form on keyup and submit
        $("#contactForm").validate({
                showErrors: function(errorMap, errorList) {
                        $("#result").html('<span class="errors"></span><span
class="msg">Please check/fill the marked fields</span> !');
                        this.defaultShowErrors();
                },
                highlight: function(element, errorClass) {
                         $(element.form).find("label[for=" + element.id +
"]").addClass
(errorClass);
                  },
            unhighlight: function(element, errorClass) {
                         $(element.form).find("label[for=" + element.id +
"]").removeClass
(errorClass);
                  },
                rules: {
                        name: "required",
                        email: {
                                required: true,
                                email: true
My problem is when some of inputs in invalid, then the label will take
the "error" class, will be turn on red, when I correct the content of
input my label disapear,  I have also the "valid" class, in my css
file, what colud be the problem

I hope You understand what I mean;