Hi all,

I am new to jQuery and I would like to process a matrix operation
using PHP.
The front-end code is done bellow, its a 3x3 table. the user could
select/deselect individual cells of the table and click the button
that calls a PHP script that will run some function.

1) How do I know if a cell is selected? Is there is is_selected( )
function in jQuery?
2) Would it be possible to send a 3x3 array to my PHP script?

Please provide me with any info on this. Thanks!

MT

My current test code.
<script type='text/javascript'
src='http://jqueryjs.googlecode.com/files/jquery-1.3.2.min.js'></
script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
    $("td").toggle(
        function () { $(this).addClass("sel"); },
        function () { $(this).removeClass("sel"); }
     );
});

</script>
      .sel { background-color:red; }

</head><body>

<button>Click here to process the selection with a php script</button>