I was able to use my Google account to logon and didn't have to supply any
info. I also haven't received any emails.

When I click the Login button, below the Username and Password fields are
other options for logging in, either a Google account or a Yahoo! account.
It also looks like a Google Apps account.

Hope this helps,

Joe Moore