I am trying to get jquery to work on a form I have on a usercontrol
. My web application has a masterpage, The current page I am working on has
several forms which are on usercontrols loaded onto the parent page by the
click of a menu control option,which then loads the required form contained
on a usercontrol dynamically via a place holder located on the parent
page.The placeholder is itself placed in an ajax update panel control. Below
is how I have tried to register the jquery datepicker on one of my
usercontrols. The usercontrol also contains a textbox which displays the
datepicker when a mouse clicks it.However when I run the parent page to load
this usercontrol in the placeholder. Nothing happens, nothing is loaded into
the placeholder and no error message also. I read it somewhere that
javascript codes cannot be registered on usercontrols this way.Please I need
full explanations and c sharp codes on how to implement this. I am a
beginner asp c# developer with little knowledge on jquery and javascript as
well. Thanks.

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeFile="InsertReservation.ascx.cs"
Inherits="UserControls_Customers_InsertReservation " %>

<link type="text/css"
href="~/jquery/css/ui-lightness/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.css" />
<script src="~/jquery/js/jquery-1.4.1.min.js" type="text/javascript"
></script>
<script src="~/jquery/js/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(function()
{