As a follow up i get the same result when i try and use the connector via the terminal:

G4Tower:/applications/jrun4/lib luke$ java -jar wsconfig.jar -ws apache -dir /etc/httpd/
Using Apache control script /usr/sbin/apachectl
Using Apache binary /usr/sbin/httpd
Server version: Apache/1.3.29 (Darwin)
Could not save changes to file /private/etc/httpd/httpd.conf

I have no idea why i can't save changes to my .conf file.

Is there an example of how the .conf file is modified?  I can edit it manually i guess it thats what i have to do.

Thanks for the help,
Luke

Thnaks