Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it made no difference at all.

As before, the pages still can *contain* umlaut characters fine. But using such a character in a page name causes:
* bad filename encoding (all umlaut chars encoded as %C3%83)
* bad pagename display: all umlaut chars display as a-with-tilde

I'll have a look at the source. Any suggestions for classes to start with will be welcome..

Regards,
Simon

Florian Holeczek schrieb:
Hallo Simon,

which servlet container are you using?
Did you already have a look at
http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/TomcatAndUTF8 ?

Regards
 Florian

Ursprüngliche Nachricht vom 03.09.2008 um 17:14:
Hi,

I'm having trouble with JSPWiki 2.6.3 and unicode characters. I would appreciate some help.

I've installed jspwiki 2.6.3 on SuSe linux, which is UTF-8 by default:
 >> locale
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"

And I've left the jspwiki.properties setting of "jspwiki.encoding = UTF-8" alone.

I then create a page "sktest1", with a link to a page that has a lowercase german a-umlaut char in it.
The page (and the link text) look file; the a-umlaut is displayed correctly.

Clicking on the link brings up the "edit" window, but the page name is
corrupted: it shows uppercase-a-with-tilde, not lowercase-a-with-umlaut.

The filename created on disk is "Sktest1%C3%83.txt".

If I create a page with u-umlaut, then that character also gets encoded
as "%C3%83", ie it is not possible to have files "Sktestä" and "Sktestü", as they result in the same filename.

Interestingly, the first char of the filename appears to be forced to uppercase, but I don't really care here. However any character following
a non-ascii char appears to also be forced to uppercase:
  blätter  (that's an a-umlaut)
becomes
  bl%C3%83Tter
(note that first t has become a T).

BTW; I'm testing with Firefox 3.x.

Hopefully I've just made some minor config mistake, but I can't see what
at the moment. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Regards,
Simon