At 10:23 PM 6/8/2007, Stanley M. Ho wrote:
>Unless I miss something, this is the main use case that import-by-name
>would address. Developers can package all the classes related to a
>feature (e.g. networking, xml, swing, ejb, etc.) into a module, and it
>exports (or reexports from other modules) all the things you need; other
>developers who want to use the feature would simply import that module
>by name. In fact, this is how we intend to use the module system to
>modularize various components in the SE platform.

Ok so re-export is the key difference from OSGi here then. But this
raises the question, you now have two modules exporting the same
package, so how do you resolve this? Does the module system correctly
reconcile the classes as coming from the same source?

andy

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.