Hi Glyn,

Glyn Normington wrote:

Yes, but my point was that separating lifecycle out in that way would
make it harder to enforce constraints like "if a module's state is
initialised, the module's activator completed successfully".

The mechanism I suggested is simply for informing the application that
something has happened. This is a notification only and does not change
the state of the module system in any way.

If we want to enforce constraints like you mentioned, one approach is to
execute the activator code in the custom import policy. If this is not
sufficient, then we'll probably need a different mechanism to handle
this use case.

- Stanley