agreed

-----Original Message-----
From: Java Community Process JSR #277 Expert List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bryan Atsatt
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 4:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Spec re-organization/update proposal...

I propose that we re-organize and update the next draft of the spec to
achieve the following:

1.  Clearly identify and separate the two main elements of the spec:

    a. Framework (i.e. api/spi)
    b. Default implementation (i.e. .jam distribution format, tools,
usage examples, etc.)

2. Ensure that the framework is the primary focus of the spec,
identifying it as the means by which any implementation integrates with
the SE compiler and runtime.

3. Clarify that any implementation will benefit from the integration
story provided by the framework (I describe four concrete benefits in
http://atsatt.blogspot.com/2008/04/jsr-277-could-be-great-for-osgi.html)
.

4. Clarify the rationale for the existence of a new implementation.

5. Recognize the importance of building a second implementation to
validate the framework design.

6. Recognize OSGi as the right choice for that second implementation:

    a. A formal JCP adopted module standard.
    b. Wide market adoption.

If the reasoning behind these proposals is not sufficiently clear to
everyone, I'll be happy to elaborate.

// Bryan

Closed Joint Stock Company Intel A/O
17 Krylatskaya Str., Bldg 4, Moscow 121614,
Russian Federation