Von: Simon Friedrich <simonfriedr...@yahoo.de>
Betreff: [juenger_org] Jünger translations
An: juenger_org@yahoogroups.de
Datum: Montag, 9. Februar 2009, 11:11

Dear Richard and List,

You did a pretty good job! Incidentally I have a photocopy of the English
translation of Perfektion der Technik, which I found years ago at the New York
Public library. (Would you like to scan and send you the same pages, just to
see how the official interpreter understood it?)

I see the book's last English edition was from 1990, but it seems to be out of
print now. On Google Books they only have a Excerpts view available. Amazon
does have some used copies available however.

http://www.amazon. com/Failure- Technology- Freidrich- Georg-Juenger/
dp/0895267470/ ref=sr_1_ 18?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234173276&sr=1-18

This brings up a point regarding translation. It greatly disappoints me that so
much of Jünger is unavailable in English and that there is little hope for much
happening in the near future. What you say in regard to the Perfektion - that
it really could be so useful to a larger public to understand what is happening
now - is also true of Zeitmauer and other EJ books.

Now my point is that I have been working on a private translation of An der
Zeitmauer for some time and I also have translated a large number of the
Abenteuerliches Herz stories. I am contemplating what the legalities are of
putting this material up on a website, with an explicit disclaimer that this is
a purely unofficial translation. Technically even this must be illegal, but
what are the real chances of getting in trouble? Probably minimal. Moreover, I
wouldn´t have any problem doing this anonymously, without taking any credit,
through a google blog or something.

What do you all think?

Simon