I eagerly await the English language release of F. Juenger's book.

Klaus, excellent summary of Heidegger. The fundamental problem with
Heidegger is that there is no way to distinguish between good and evil. The
two are reduced to presence or non-presence of being. I believe EJ is better
than H in this regard.

On another note, is anyone aware of currently active scholars who specialize
in the thought of FJ?

Jd

joeldietz.com | twitter.com/jdietz | twitter.com/fractastical (tech)

ose?to=juenger_...@yahoogroups.de>
> [...]
>
>    Yes, Richard, it made my day too when they replied this way. I wasn't
> expecting it. I wonder what sort of distribution and marketing it will get
> though.... I don't know Alethes or the International Institute of Arts and
> Letters (though name of the latter is impressive enough), I wonder how much
> publicity this reprint will get. We'll have to help them with own little
> efforts!
>
> This book explains so much about technology and so "grundlich" - far more
> than the cleverest contemporary commentators, who mess around on the surface
> and have lost sight of the fire in all the smoke of details and "solutions".
>
> Unfortunately I also find reading this book very depressing - it only
> confirms that our developments can only end in catastrophe. The only
> question is the degree of that catastrophe and if humanity will learn
> anything by it. As EJ says, the Titans are only stopped by catastrophe. This
> will inevitably happen, and thank the gods that it will, for humanity's sake
> and the earth's. But the question remains if humanity will learn anything
> from it all. I am pessimistic - two world wars only promoted the perfection
> and faith in technology.
>
> Dare I be quite frank? I can only assume that the coming catastrophes will
> dwarf even the world wars. The elemental powers that FGJ talks about are
> only more enslaved and pent-up now than back then. When they find their
> freedom from man's chains, may the gods help us. Of the 4 elements it is
> Fire that is particularly worrisome. Water and Earth have been exploited and
> exhausted, but Fire has only been multiplied and distributed to every small
> corner of the world. It is momentarily contained - in refineries, nuclear
> and other power plants, factories, combustion engines, heating furnaces, the
> whole electrical grid. But fuel is everywhere, and increased in its
> volatility by the retreat of water and earth. If, WHEN, this fire gets
> loose, the "firestorms" of Ernst Juenger's Eumeswil may be the result. Even
> the summer fires in Greece, California, Spain etc are not unrelated - bad
> omens.
>
> I told my father recently that if I were to write a book about the last few
> centuries of civilization it would be called "The failure of humanity".
> Imagine: we come all this way over so many generations, with so much hope
> and so much sacrifice to realize a future utopia, only to arrive and
> discover that we have actually destroyed humanity, merely prepared the
> ground for someone else, be it the insect or the robot - or most likely, the
> robot-man of a Brave New World. Talk about a grand disappointment!
>
> All the more reason to become an anarch and find your own meaning in life
> beyond society's successes or failures.
>
> Forgive my pessimistic tone - but "succeed in playing life as a game and
> you will find honey in nettles and hemlock" (badly paraphrased from

Antwort per Email an