Simon, that's fantastic -- thanks very much indeed for the translation.

I am really gaining a lot from these pages, and I really appreciate you sending
it.

Bear in mind I am really new to Juenger and know little about his work -- I
have only been reading him for around six months, but a lot of what I have read
recently reminds me so much of early Theravada thought, as exemplified by the
Tripitaka ( The Sutta Collections ).

I do not know that much at all about historical connections, but I do believe
these Theravada Suttas had influence in German thought -- Wasn't Schopenhauer
very interested in early Theravada concepts and Advaita Vedanta? ( I believe
that's why he was always dismissed by many British academics as being
'negative' and 'nihilistic' )

Or has that awareness and state of mind long been in 'the German psyche',
existing quite separately from Schopenhauer's interest in those texts ? I am
thinking here of men like Silesius and Meister Eckhardt, whose perspectives on
the world and man had strong similarities to Thervadin thought and Advaita
Vedanta -- but clearly had no connection whatsoever to those texts, and had no
immediate historical influence from those specific texts: Those perceptions
already existed within schools of German mysticism and in other European
schools of thought.

Just some thoughts -- these are just some instinctive responses and
speculations.

Thanks again Simon -- fantastic work.

Greg.