  From: klaus gauger
  To: juenger_org@yahoogroups.de
  Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 1:25 PM
  Subject: AW: AW: [juenger_org] Modern technology

        Dear Simon,

        it´s impossible to put back the genie in the bottle. Modern technology
can fail oder suceed, but our destiny is definitely connected with the progress
enlightment and technology as his instrument did bring to us. If the "project
of modernity", to call it that way, will fail or suceed is something we can
only speculate about. Some people are sceptical, some are optimistic, some are
pessimistic, and most people are not interested in this crucial question
anyway, because the don´t even understand in what a dangerous situation we are
right now. I can only emphasize what Jünger said to the german youth: "Es ist
besser in der Hoffnung zu leben als in der Furcht". Fear is a feeling that
usually leads to hysterical reactions. To be calm, to think positive and to
have hope and to do what is necessary, all this is much more productive and
leads to better results.

        Yours,

        Klaus