On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Tim Penhey <tim.pen...@canonical.com>wrote:

> On 27/09/13 14:59, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> > On the topic of local provider bootstrap i ran into this bug earlier
> today
> >
> > Bootstrapping a local provider first prevents bootstrap on any other
> > environment
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1231724
>
> This is new addition, I've assigned this to Rog as he has been adding
> this (I think).
>

> I can't replicate the other issues people are having with LXC on raring,
> so I'm upgrading to saucy (wish me luck).

fwiw, i was able to solve my issues with local provider on saucy, though
the cause still eludes. I had originally thought it was an inotify race in
upstart.Install and tried a sleep ther,e but it turns out that it was that
without using sudo explicitly the job wasn't found. Adding a sudo to cli
params for the upstart.Start resolved it. Fwiw, my env is
JUJU_HOME=/opt/juju  due to encrypted home and restarts for local provider,
juju-core tip, and golang release tag, and i'm bootstrapping with sudo -E
~/bin/juju bootstrap -v --debug --upload-tools. Original error i would get
from bootstrap
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6172383/

cheers,

Kapil