just as it fails for many other projects.. etcd, docker, serf, consul,
etc... most larger projects are going to run afoul of trying to do cowboy
dependency management and adopt one of the extant tools for managing deps
and have a non standard install explained to users in its readme, else its
vendoring its deps.

-k