on a similar topic (local on tip) i was debugging with pitti his lxc
environment on utopic host earlier today, and the culmination of several
rounds of debugging and bug filing revealed this one
Bug #1364069: local provider must transform localhost in apt proxy address
<amd64> <apport-bug> <utopic> <juju-core (Ubuntu):New> <
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1364069>