Hello,

I am experiencing some issues with a base-openstack deploy.

I can get a base-openstack to deploy legitimately using MAAS with no
apparent errors from Juju's perspective. Following some init ops and the
launching of an instance, I find myself stuck with errors I'm unsure how to
diagnose. I upload an image, create my networks, flavors, and launch an
instance, and see the instance erring out with a "host not found" error
when I try to launch them.

My nova/ceph node and neutron node interface configuration [0] all have a
single flat 1G mgmt-net interface configured via MAAS, and vlans trunked in
on enp4s0f0 (untracked by maas).

Looking to the nova logs, I find [1] [2]

The bundle I'm using [3] is lightly modified version of the openstack base
bundle [4] with modifications to match my machine tags and mac addresses
for my machines.

I've gone back and forth with network and charm config trying different
combinations in hope this error is caused by some misconfiguration on my
end, but I am now convinced this is something outside of my scope as an
operator, and am hoping for some insight from the greater community.

I seem to be able to reproduce this consistently (using both Juju < 2.3.2
and 2.3.2).

Not even sure if I should create a bug somewhere as I'm not 100% sure this
isn't my fault. Let me know if additional info is needed.

Thanks,

James

[0] https://imgur.com/a/x62m9
[1] cat /var/log/nova/nova-api-metadata.log |
http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/cTSjjRnHQ8/
[2] cat /var/log/nova/nova-compute.log |
http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/YFnMs93xhG/
[3] https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/8hsQnmFYh4/
[4]
https://github.com/openstack-charmers/openstack-bundles/blob/master/stable/openstack-base/bundle.yaml