Hi Geoffrey,

that sounds like a nice-to-have new function for the core.
But either we would need one "Labels"-layer per layer, whose labels should be moved with an offset or a field in the attribute-table of the "Labels"-layer has to specify the Layer which centroids are stored.
In the "Labels"-layer we should have one field of each possible datatype for storing the labels (or cast everything to String).

For my purposes I will add a layer with the centroids to enable the users to move single overlapping labels manually.
When I am ready I can provide my code, maybe it can help for implementing the described new function.

Regards,
Nils

Geoffrey Roy schrieb:
Dear Nils

My ChartPlugin can now do this, but it is essentially the same as you indicate.  We can prepare a new  "Labels" layer, select the attribute to display, and define an (X,Y) offset for the label (from the centroid).  The new layer can then be turned on/off as required.  Perhaps the advantage over what you describe is that all labels are offset together.

Geoff

Nils Kuhn wrote:
Hi all,
I have a questian on the standard-functionality of OJ:
Am I right, that it isn't possible to move the labels of a (polygon-)layer in OJ?
If I want to do that I will have to create a Point-Layer with all the centroids of the polygons, transfer the labeling-attribute, label the point-layer and doesn't render it. Than I can move the labels by moving the labeled points.
Would this be the proper procedure or is there another, simpler way?
Regards,
Nils

Dr Geoffrey G Roy
Cadplan
129 Gloster Street, Subiaco WA 6008
Tel: (08) 9381 4870  Fax: (08) 9382 4459
Email: ge...@cadplan.com.au
http://www.cadplan.com.au