Hi Michaël,
thank you very much!
That's exactly what I was searching for. I have to confess that I never right-clicked to the LayerViewPanel...
That's great.
Regards, Nils

Michaël Michaud schrieb:
Hi,

When I have to achieve such a think I do it that way :
- Union
- Make the new layer editable
- Edition > Selection > Select by geometry type...
- choose MultiPolygon, GeometryColletion types
- right click on the layer view
- Explode selected features

Is that what you want to get ?

OK, I agree an option in the union (and union by attributes) plugins or
a generic function available in Tools > Edit geometry > Geometry
functions would be nice.

Michaël

Larry Becker a écrit :

Hi Nils,

If you mean an explode utility method you are correct - I don't think
there is one.  There is code in the ExplodeSelectedFeaturesPlugIn.
Also, there is support for recursive parsing of GeometryCollections
when using an EditTransaction.

If you do add a utility function, it should probably go in
org.openjump.core.geomutils.

Larry

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Nils Kuhn <nils.k...@bws-gmbh.de