Thank you Jukka for clarifications ad suggestions...
/Display_WMS_URL Bean Shell tool/ is actually very useful to understand
how the WMS request works! I didn't know it

Anyway, WIDTH parameter could be useful to avoid problems with MaxWidth
and MaxHeight values, set to 2048 in Geoportale Nazionale data!

Roberto

Il 31/10/2023 20:52, Jukka Rahkonen ha scritto:

> Sorry Roberto, I may have confused you with WIDTH and HEIGHT. Users
> are not really meant to define those manually. The WMS client
> software, in this case OpenJUMP, sets them automatically to match the
> map area. If you have problems with the WMS server due to too wide or
> high GetMap requests, adjust the size of the project window of
> OpenJUMP smaller. You should also learn to use the Display_WMS_URL
> tool from the Bean Shell tools. That shows the URL that OpenJUMP has
> sent for the WMS server. Open the details and you will see all the
> parameters. That is very useful for debugging.

> *[bugs:#523] <https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/bugs/523/> Read
> timed out when loading Geoportale Nazionale WMS*
>
> *Status:* closed-works-for-me
> *Milestone:* undecided
> *Labels:* WMS
> *Created:* Sat Oct 28, 2023 05:35 PM UTC by Roberto Rossi
> *Last Updated:* Tue Oct 31, 2023 05:14 PM UTC
> *Owner:* nobody
>
> OpenJump is no more able to load Italian Geoportale Nazionale WMS
> <http://www.pcn.minambiente.it/mattm/servizio-wms>.
> Here are some services (in order: image, points, polylines and a
> polygons):
> *
> http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/ogc?map=/ms_ogc/WMS_v1.3/raster/ortofoto_colore_12.map
> *
> http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/ogc?map=/ms_ogc/WMS_v1.3/Vettoriali/LimitiAmministrativi_2020.map
> *
> http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/ogc?map=/ms_ogc/WMS_v1.3/Vettoriali/Aste_fluviali.map
> *
> http://wms.pcn.minambiente.it/ogc?map=/ms_ogc/WMS_v1.3/Vettoriali/Bacini_idrografici.map
>
> In the Status bar "Read timed out" appears.
> In the past months I was able to load them, and they still work in
> other software like QGIS, or ArcMap, Or ArcGIS Pro, AdB-ToolBox (a
> software derived from OpenJump but which has his own WMS, WFS, WCS
> reader, which points to Geoportale nazionale data).
> So the problem seems (to me) a combination of particular OpenJump
> settings and Geoportale nazionale servers change...
>
> The same Read timed out appears (often, not always) loading some of
> the http://ows.terrestris.de/osm/service layers
>
> Roberto Rossi

*Roberto Rossi, PhD*
Dipartimento di Geoscienze
Università degli Studi di Padova
Via G. Gradenigo, 6 - 35131 Padova (Italy)
Tel. +39 049 827 9155

Docente a contratto di Applicazioni GIS in idrologia
Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Scienze forestali e ambientali

e-mail: roberto.ro...@unipd.it
Mob. +39 347 6780087
Zoom: unipd.zoom.us/my/roberto.rossi

---

**[bugs:#523] Read timed out when loading Geoportale Nazionale WMS**

**Status:** closed-works-for-me
**Milestone:** undecided
**Labels:** WMS
**Created:** Sat Oct 28, 2023 05:35 PM UTC by Roberto Rossi
**Last Updated:** Tue Oct 31, 2023 07:52 PM UTC
[...]

Sent from sourceforge.net because jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/bugs/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/admin/bugs/options.  Or, if this is a
mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.