I've been approved to do a talk at CommunityOne this year on how "we"
all have been trying to bring JVM language implementers together. The
general idea is to show that the "sleeping giant" of languages on the
JVM is starting to wake up and will really be a force to reckon with.

So now I have to figure out what I'm going to talk about...here's my
general idea so far:

- Discussion of a few key languages that could be arguably considered
"popular" and where they stand in their development processes
- Other languages that are "up and coming" and their status. In both of
these two sections it would be with an emphasis on showing how the
process works and how people can help.
- Discussion of the JVM language list, the JVM language runtime, Da
Vinci Machine and JDK7 work, and other research helping languages in the
future. This will show how we're all trying to cooperate to solve the
problems of language impl on JVM.
- How you can get involved, sites, mailing lists, list of books and
resources for languages and language implementing, and people to talk to.

I'm looking for help from you all, basically to attend if you'll be
around SF for JavaOne, and you help me with information that fits into
the above categories for whatever languages you're working on. I'd also
love to hear about current and future projects you feel like are working
toward solving JVM language impl challenges.

Thoughts? Ideas for content you think should be added? Keep in mind that
the crowd for this is going to be JavaOne-style folks, but probably the
ones most interested in alternative languages. That could be a lot of
them, and it could set the stage for the many language-related talks the
rest of the week.

- Charlie