John Rose wrote:
> Or (I don't know if it could be made to work, but it's worth thinking
> about) method handles could interoperate more tightly with closures, by
> having each individual method handle somehow take on the appropriate
> function interface type.

I think this could lead to some kind of "handle explosion" where we have
(too) many handles designed to take many differently-structured
interface types. Too parametric? Obviously JRuby and Groovy take a very
simple approach now, and require all closures be of a single type and
its subtypes. If that were the idea you're talking about, where there's
a single closure interface everyone could implement, it would probably
be valuable for language implementers to more tightly interop...but I
can't imagine it would be pretty from Java.

- Charlie