On April 28, 2020 8:40:59 AM PDT, Scott Peters <peterssco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Linked to Microsoft Outlook email. Required to change passwords every
>30
>days on our server. Just changed mine for the first time since using
>K-9
>and now keep getting failure to authenticate messages. How do I change
>the
>setting to recognize the account with the new password?

Account settings -> Fetching mail -> Incoming server

Account settings -> Sending mail -> Outgoing server

And wow, forced password rotation every 30 days? That's crazy, and probably
counterproductive. Current best-practice guidelines suggest only rotating
passwords when there is an actual account compromise. If you can, point your IT
people to the NIST guidelines, section 5.1.1.2:

https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-3/sp800-63b.html

The important quote:

> Verifiers SHOULD NOT require memorized secrets to be changed arbitrarily
> (e.g., periodically). However, verifiers SHALL force a change if there is
> evidence of compromise of the authenticator.

--Sean