To: "Kathy M. MARTINEZ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Kathryn Martinez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NC, Santa Fe Trail, Fashion Design unit, Swiss Family Robinson, Paper
Art, and m
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:20:30 -0400

North Carolina – A State Unit Study
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2201.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2201.html
This mini unit on NORTH CAROLINA uses the cross curricular approach to
education.
There are several activities from different academic subjects for you to choose
from.
One of the most important things is to have fun!

Fashion Design Unit Study
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2197.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2197.html
I've recently been asked what would make a good unit study for older students.
In my view, unit studies would be a great method for investigating possible
career
choices. Here is a unit study on fashion design. Good, basic information is
learned
as well as how this interest could relate to a career option.

The Santa Fe Trail: A Geography and History Lesson
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2195.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2195.html
Using the websites given in this lesson, children are given high-interest and
some
hands-on activities to complete.

The Swiss Family Robinson: A Literature Unit - Chapter 1
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2196.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2196.html
This is the first in a series of lessons to use in conjunction with The Swiss
Family Robinson by Johann Wyss.

The Swiss Family Robinson Unit - Chapter Two
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2202.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2202.html
Chapter Two, entitled The New Country, continues the unit study of the Swiss
Family Robinson by Johann Wyss

Paper Art Lesson Ideas
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2198.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2198.html
Papermaking was developed in China centuries ago, as an alternative to writing
on silk. At one time, only an artisan could make paper and it was quite
expensive.
Now, paper is common, inexpensive, and can even be made from recycled
materials.
Here are several activities to
investigate paper making and how paper is used in various crafts.

Home Ec Project: Make Your Own Soda Pops
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2052.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2052.html
a.gifDid you know that you can make your own carbonated beverages? Its quite
simple and certainly better for you than the ones you buy on the grocery store
shelves.

Introducing the Letter Qq
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2200.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2200.html
Here are lots of good ideas from all over the place for introducing the letter
Q. Most
of these activities use the across-the-curriculum approach. These ideas are not
just
for preschoolers, but can be used remedially for any level, and for teaching
students
whose first language is not English.

Home Ec Project: Preserving Bananas
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2199.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2199.html
Usually the fruit of the banana tree is eaten fresh; however, it can be
preserved in
other ways such as drying, freezing, and canning.

A Child's History of England: Chapters 36 & 37
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2167.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/article2167.html
by Charles Dickens
Chapters thirt-six and thirty-seven are the final chapters of Dickens' A
Child's History
of England. Chapter thirty-six deals with James the Second and the book ends as

Queen Victoria takes the throne.

Kathy in FL      <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My Web Site:  <http://www.easyfunschool.com>http://www.easyfunschool.com
Free Education
Newsletter:
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/msubscribe.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/msubscribe.html
Ancient Rome Unit
Study:
<http://www.easyfunschool.com/page1055.html>http://www.easyfunschool.com/page1055.html

One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was,
how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a
little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
-Forest Witcraft

GIF image