I'll definitely add an url to any benchmark results that are available.
If you need a place to put up such a webpage, that could be hosted on
kaffe.org as well...

A plot that showed benchmark performance plotted vs. historical releases
would be really cool (especially if we do some work to improve the
performance).

There are so many different benchmarks out there, it would be hard to
pick a standard set that would remain consistent over time (not to
mention keeping the environment consistent over time).  I think the best
approach to constructing such a plot would be to choose a particular
benchmark which illustrates the performance of a particular part of the
VM, and build a bunch of older versions of Kaffe, and run them, one
after the other, through the benchmark.

Benchmarks are quite a tricky thing - I haven't decided in my own mind
yet which are the most important ones yet.  It might make sense to build
our own benchmark suite using real applications that people use kaffe
for.

Cheers,

 - Jim