Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012 11:44:01 UTC+2 schrieb Dave King:

> Pleased to see someone taking an interest in porting Kamaelia to
> Python 3. I wonder if you could comment on the possibility of having a
> single Kamaelia codebase compatible with both Python 2.7 and 3.3.

As Michael already mentioned, there's a problem with <2.7 and
exception handling, which is already fixed in Axon - the fix could be
employed in Kamaelia, too.
The rest shouldn't be too problematic.

Oh, there was one idiom somewhere, which probably won't work in <3.x..
I'll look into that, again.

On 7 July 2012 22:30, Riot wrote:
> > * There are a few unicode strings (for http responses and similar stuff)
> > that will have to be treated slightly different (...and more sane/safe)
> - i
> > haven't really touched these, except removing the obsolete leading u"
> >

> The unicode literal has returned in Python 3.3, this might help create
> a single compatible codebase?
>
> See PEP414 - http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0414/

Okaay, after reading this and a quick check in #python, i'm going to switch
my stuff
and the Patch to 3.3 after a few tests. I don't think this will affect my
code at all.
They said, the u-literal was the last backward-compatible thing to be
implemented, though.

Thanks for the hint ;)

riot