Tom Rini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I don't know.  How is it harder to validate
> choice kernel_format_PPC
>       VMLINUX ZIMAGE ZNETBOOT
>       default ZIMAGE
> choice kernel_format_ix86
>       VMLINUX ZIMAGE BZIMAGE BZDISK
>       default BZIMAGE
> Than:
> choice kernel_format
>       VMLINUX ZIMAGE BZIMAGE ZNETBOOT
>       defeult ((X86) : BZIMAGE ? ((IA64 or SPARC) ? VMLINUZ : ZIMAGE))
> unless X86 suppress BZIMAGE
> unless PPC suppress ZNETBOOT

That's not a bad case.  The case I'm worried about is the one where the
choice menus get split into different files and can't be eyeballed at
the same time easily.

> > There's a problem like this now with unless/suppress declarations, but
> > I saw no way to avoid it there.
>
> I guess I didn't read the other posts thourghly enough, what's the exact
> problem?

Information distributed through the ruleset in such a way that it's hard
to know all the places a given symbol participates.
--

Never trust a man who praises compassion while pointing a gun at you.