On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:21:49 +1000,
Brendan J Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I want to have a go at porting kbuild to the 2.4.18 kernel for the PPC arch.
>Are there any documents or howtos ?
>What is the best way to go about this ?

Documentation/kbuild/kbuild-2.5.txt describes all the commands and has
a section on converting old Makefiles.  Tom Rini had a ppc 2.4.16
patch, use that as a starting point and talk to Tom.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/kbuild/kbuild-2.5-2.4.16-ppc-2.bz2

Doing a patch against 2.4.* is easier because the kernel actually
builds, unlike a lot of 2.5.  However the changeover will be against
2.5 kernels so eventually I will need arch patches against 2.5.*.