Sam Ravnborg wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 05:42:53PM +1000, Greg Banks wrote:
> >
> > [...] kbuild-2.5 does not replace something simple with
> > something complex, instead it replaces something complex and broken with
> > something of greater complexity and not broken. [...]
>
> About current kbuild being broken I'm a bit puzzled. The old scheme with
> make dep (using mkdep) were indeed broken. But thats fixed now.
> Separate SRC and OBJ trees are on the way.
>
> So whats left in current kbuild that is considered broken?

Keith has a file with a long list of kbuild bugs and design flaws, all
of which he has fixed in kbuild-2.5.  I don't know which of these Kai
has addressed, but I'll bet lunch it's a long way short of all of them.

> The statement that the builds are more accurate is no longer true.
> kbuild tracks ALL dependencies and recompile if the command line changed
> as well.
> But please prove me wrong I may have overlooked something.

I'll let Keith point out all the cases Kai hasn't handled.

Greg.
--
the price of civilisation today is a courageous willingness to prevail,
with force, if necessary, against whatever vicious and uncomprehending