[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> The actual executable UML generates is called "linux" anyway, so its
> Makefile can have its own rule (as for other archs the boot images)
> which  builds "linux" from "vmlinux" using gcc and the link script. -
> I.e. the  same way as UML used to do it earlier, anyway.

I'd actually prefer the one-stage link.  That takes better advantage of
the infrastructure that you've put in place.

Instead of making LDFLAGS_vmlinux available to the arch Makefile, can
you make cmd_link_vmlinux available?  Then I can just rewrite it.

That looks like it has no impact on the global Makefile except for moving
it above the include of the arch Makefile.

                                Jeff