The behavior of agalmias gives us useful information about the ways
that societies can change and grow. Open source and free software
communities provide us with excellent modern day agalmias for study,
as does the Internet itself. But long term trends in technology
suggest that material scarcity will likely become less common, and
agalmic behavior more common. In studying the behavior of agalmias we
can see intimations of our technological future.

Robert Levin
Woodland Hills, California, US

May I ask if you ran across this essay as a consequence of hearing about Mr. Levin's hit-and-run bicycle death?