On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 12:12 PM Albert Astals Cid <aa...@kde.org> wrote:

> Please work on fixing them, otherwise i will remove the failing CI jobs on
> their 4th failing week, it is very important that CI is passing for
> multiple reasons.
>
> Good news: 10 repositories that were failing are fixed :)
>
> Bad news: 6 repositories are still failing and 2 new repositories are
> failing
>
> gwenview - 2nd week
>  * https://invent.kde.org/graphics/gwenview/-/pipelines/594392
>   * FreeBSD is missing kImageAnnotator

This is installed, appears that Gwenview needs adapting to handle
kImageAnnotator co-installability:

[root@d76c3b549f88 /]# ls -lah
/usr/local/lib/cmake/kImageAnnotator-Qt5/kImageAnnotator-*
-rw-r--r--  1 root wheel  1.8K Jan 24 21:41
/usr/local/lib/cmake/kImageAnnotator-Qt5/kImageAnnotator-Qt5Config-version.cmake
-rw-r--r--  1 root wheel  1.1K Jan 24 21:41
/usr/local/lib/cmake/kImageAnnotator-Qt5/kImageAnnotator-Qt5Config.cmake
-rw-r--r--  1 root wheel  1.0K Jan 24 21:41
/usr/local/lib/cmake/kImageAnnotator-Qt5/kImageAnnotator-targets-release.cmake
-rw-r--r--  1 root wheel  4.1K Jan 24 21:41
/usr/local/lib/cmake/kImageAnnotator-Qt5/kImageAnnotator-targets.cmake

> spectacle - 2nd week
>  * https://invent.kde.org/graphics/spectacle/-/pipelines/594400
>   * linux CI has undefined symbols on linking

KPipeWire had been neglected and no longer had a functional CI
configuration, and the old binaries were broken by an ffmpeg upgrade in the
SUSE images.
Fixed in
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kpipewire/-/commit/b68a04e4f53854f53f71d20184f7ec9b8a8e2afd
which allowed KPipeWire to be rebuilt.

With that fixed, Spectacle is happy again.

> kio-extras - 2nd week
>  * https://invent.kde.org/network/kio-extras/-/pipelines/594409
>   * thumbnailtest is failing in FreeBSD

Possibly due to different JPEG libraries in FreeBSD vs. OpenSUSE?

> akonadi-search - 2nd week
>  * https://invent.kde.org/pim/akonadi-search/-/pipelines/594413
>   * various tests are failing in FreeBSD

For anything that depends on starting up an instance of MySQL or Postgres
(to my knowledge, only Akonadi does this) that will be broken on FreeBSD
for now due to limitations in how FreeBSD Jails work.
It looks like some level of support may have landed in the FreeBSD kernel
to make things happen here (see
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/security-jail-sysvmsg-sysvsem-sysvshm-do-we-really-need-all-of-them.75339/)
however that is not yet available in our containers.

> ark - 2nd week
>  * https://invent.kde.org/utilities/ark/-/pipelines/594402
>   * kerfuffle-extracttest fails on FreeBSD

Not sure why this happening - looks like a umask issue potentially, or an
incompatibility between Qt and ZFS on FreeBSD when it comes to file system
permissions?

> kipi-plugins - 2nd week
>  * https://invent.kde.org/graphics/kipi-plugins/-/pipelines/594430
>   * libmediawiki isn't found
>

> cantor - NEW
>  * https://invent.kde.org/education/cantor/-/pipelines/594390
>   * testmaxima fails on FreeBSD
>

> klickety - NEW
>  * https://invent.kde.org/games/klickety/-/pipelines/594405
>   * appstreamtest fails on FreeBSD

Apparently appstream is being silly and does not like redirects.
This is likely a change in the new version (>1.0) of Appstream which is why
we don't see it on Linux as that still has a manually compiled in older
(and patched) version of Appstream in our CI image.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

Cheers,
Ben