Hi,

I am trying to install the Kea DHCP4 server on Ubuntu 22.04 with PostgreSQL
v16.  When I try to create the database tables with kea-admin, I get the
following error:

psql:/usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql:36: ERROR:  permission
denied for schema public
LINE 1: CREATE TABLE lease4 (

I had granted all privileges on the public schema (as well as all privileges to
the kea database) to the kea user.  I read that in postgresql v16 only the
owner of a database can create objects in it, so I changed the owner of the kea
database to be the kea user and re-ran "kea-admin db-init" to initialize the
kea database.  I did not get the above error, and the "kea-admin db-version
..." command now returns '18.0', but the "kea-admin db-init" command did output
the following NOTICEs:

psql:/usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql:140: NOTICE:  function
lease4dumpheader() does not exist, skipping
psql:/usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql:148: NOTICE:  function
lease4dumpdata() does not exist, skipping
psql:/usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql:178: NOTICE:  function
lease6dumpheader() does not exist, skipping
psql:/usr/share/kea/scripts/pgsql/dhcpdb_create.pgsql:186: NOTICE:  function
lease6dumpdata() does not exist, skipping

Are those message ok?  Did I do the correct thing by changing the owner of the
kea database to be the kea user?  Will that cause problems later when Kea is
upgraded to a newer version?  Should the owner of the kea database be changed
back to the root user after it is initialized?  Should the kea user be granted
all privileges on the public schema as I did?

Thanks,
.Ben Bridges.